Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Hello World!" says Annalise

Here is the story of the day Annalise Augusta Dansby was born...

We got to the hospital on Tuesday September 11th about 11am. They were really crowded and busy in the Labor and Delivery wing so it took a while for us to get a room. By the time we got a room and Dr. Williams started the Pitocin, it was about 2pm. I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since breakfast at 6am and I was already getting really hungry!

I had some problems with the Pitocin and every time they turned it up high enough to make things work, Annalise's heart rate would drop. The doctor came and broke my water and really sped things up! I got an epidural around 8pm and we had lots of visitors from 8pm till midnight. I was dialiting really slowly but around midnight I was finally at 9.5cm. I started pushing. I was kind of glad that it was Septemeber 12th by then so that she wouldn't have 9-11 as her birthday. Little did I know how hard the pushing phase of labor was going to be for me! I pushed for four hours! At about 3:00am the doctor came in and stayed till Annalise was born. Her head was kind of stuck in my pelvis and pushing wasn't seeming to do anything! I was so tired and very thirsty. But, the doctor ended up using the vacuum to suck her out at 4:24am! She had to pull so hard to get Annalise out that Jon said her entire arm was shaking. YIKES!

The first thing the doctor said was... "She is so fat!" The perinatologist had said that she expected her to weigh over 8 pounds but my obstetrician just didn't beleive him. Annalise weight 8 pounds and 8 ounces and was 19 inches long.



Our first family picture...

No comments: