When Annalise was too small to crawl or walk yet, I took her to church and had her dressed up in a cute little dress with some tights and shoes. A friend of mine (who is a Mom to 4 kids) and I were chatting and she noticed Annalise's outfit and said, "The first kid always gets shoes. Your other kids won't get shoes till they can actually walk and need them." I thought, surely not me! I will always put shoes on kids to go out of the house. Fast forward to this past weekend. We hosted a baby shower for some friends and there was another baby there who is two months younger than Noah. This baby had on tiny little tennis shoes that laced up. Noah didn't even have on socks! When I noticed the other baby's shoes, I thought back to what my friend said and I guess she was right. :)
In light of that, I thought it was time to put a pair of shoes on Noah today- Halloween Crocs! They are hand me downs from Annalise. They fit her when she was 15 months old. I had to stuff his fat foot into them and he is only 7 months old!
Here Annalise is in her "first child" shoes, she was about 4 months old-

I can't believe how much she has changed in one year!!! Now, here was Noah in the Halloween Crocs today.

No comments:
Post a Comment